Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Waiting Game

I am due a week from today, and we sit here and wait. I woke up last night with contractions, waiting and counting them, but still not sure if they were the real thing. I woke Ryan up and told him it might be time and went to call my parents, so they could come and watch Adriana, but the more I was up and moving around, they went away. So we wait....
While we wait, I wanted to post some pictures of activities that we did while we didn't have the internet, and get those pictures posted.
About early/mid-October we went to a little town, Republic to a fall festival. Fall is my favorite season, by far, and so I LOVE going to town festivals. We met up with my parents there and had a good time, just walking around and looking at all the booths with all the "homemade" items people had for sale. It was a great, crisp fall day and we really enjoyed ourselves. We forgot our camera that day, but did buy some things from the booths. Here's what we bought that day.

Name Plate for Adriana's Door to her room

Paxton's name plate for his door to his room
The next weekend, we (my parents included) decided to make the trek down to Mt. Vernon to the bigger fall festival around here. There was so much more to do and see there. The food was good and again, they had great booths with a lot of homemade items. We also took Adriana on a carriage ride, which she LOVED! We had a great time and really got to get out there and enjoy the fall season.

Our Carriage Ride
Getting ready to leave for the carriage ride.
The people who took us on the ride, were
so sweet.
Adriana getting her face painted. She did this
at both festivals.
Not the best face paint job, but what do you
expect for a $1?

Got these little pumpkins that are made out of
stumps of wood. I thought they were so cute
and original.
We will keep you posted on any news as it comes. Don't get too anxious, Adriana was 5 days late. Hope everyone is having a great weekend! We are having great weather here, its in the upper 70's, almost hot!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Too cute! I love Adriana's expression while she's getting her face painted.

missjan said...

Hi Lori,

wish i coulda been with you all during these festival daze. I love the monkey room too!!!!!!!!!!