Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Paxton's Room

I am under strict orders from my best friend, Susan, to have pictures posted of the baby's room, by tonight. I just finished it minutes ago and wanted to get pictures of it before it got too messy. I still can't find my mattress pad and sheets to go on the crib, but other than that, I think we are ready for him. The theme of his room is "Monkey Around". I need to give a special thanks to my mom who sewed pretty much everything in the room, except the curtains. She also painted the room for us too. Thank you mom for all your hard work and time you invested in his room.

Me and my mom came up with the
idea to have a monkey hanging off
a branch over his changing table.









The blanket above the bed was our
inspiration for the room.

A toy box from when I was growing up,
my mom made the cushion for it.
I made these little picture frames. I liked how
they turned out and they were super cheap to
make.

3 comments:

The Pierce family said...

Very cute! Do you feel like you can relax now that the room is done? I hope so--seems like you have been so busy. Although I am sure Adriana will continue to keep you busy. Hope you have a good day...get some rest!

renee said...

love it!!!!!! so cute!!!

Hilary said...

While you are probably at MOPS. I am blog lurking. The nursery is ADORABLE! I love the theme! The fact that you made everything and it looks better than store bought stuff is amazing! Way to go to your mom and you. Paxton is going to LOVE it! Thanks for sharing!