Monday, November 16, 2009

Christmas Shopping

I LOVE this time of year. Its the only time of year I get to go shopping and buy stuff and not get in trouble for it. I had this last minute idea about 3 weeks ago, to try to get everyone on my Christmas list done, before the baby comes. I figure this would make life so much easier in the long run. Well, I've done just that. I am about 90-95% done with all my shopping. I love to Christmas shop and find things that I think others are going to enjoy. As far as Adriana goes, you may remember me talking about this last year, but we only get her 3 gifts. We set aside a budget for her, and with that money we will get her 3 gifts. The reason we give her only 3 gifts is mainly because, that is how many gift baby Jesus was given on Christmas. Plus, she gets a lot from other friends and family. My sister-in-law, Kara, came up with the idea last year to make the 3 gifts specific. One gift would be educational, one spiritual and the other a fun toy. I am really pleased with what we got her this year for all her gifts, I think she is going to LOVE them. Anyway, now that I have all my gifts bought, I'm dying to wrap them (another favorite for me) but I'm going to wait, until closer to Christmas. I don't want all my Christmas fun to be zapped up in November.
I hope everyone is ready for Thanksgiving. I can't believe it is a week from this Thursday! I love the holiday season, just think it goes by too soon.
I called my doctor today and tried to talk her into inducing me either today or tomorrow, but no such luck. She earliest she can do anything is this Saturday. I'm hoping and praying that he comes before then. Ryan's family is making the long journey from Alabama to spend Thanksgiving with us and see the baby. We are going to have a fun filled, busy next couple of weeks, but are looking forward to it!
Hope all is well with everyone and that they had a great weekend.

1 comment:

The Pierces said...

So cool, Lori! We have done the same thing with our kids-3 gifts...As they got older we let them give suggestions for the three types of gifts. Believe it or not, this year they are wanting CASH! I don't know...they are growing up! We are praying for you all during this time.