Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Happy Heart

I don't know why I am thinking of this all of a sudden, but there are little things that Adriana does, that I want to write down so I won't forget. She is (for the most part) a very happy, loving child. Its so funny to me, the little things that can make her day.
For instance...
Every time we wash our hands in a public restroom, she is so excited about what color and what kind of soap they have. Its like a little surprise every time. When we squirt it, she says "Ooooh, pink soap!" or "Ooooh, foam soap" and so on. I never noticed how many different soaps there were out there until I had her point them out to me, EVERYTIME!
Another funny thing was, she LOVES to blow out candles or "cankles" as she calls them. Last night I asked her if she wanted to blow out a candle and she jumped up so happy and started singing, "This little light of mine", with the hand motions and all and finally blew it out.
The last little story was this morning, when I was getting her out of the van, she noticed the ground was wet and starting singing "Its raining, its pouring" (although it wasn't raining at all).
All these little things just make me stop and think about how the little things make her so happy. She literally, stops and smells the roses and truly enjoys life.

No comments: