Monday, March 23, 2009

A rough few days

We haven't had a great past few days. We got word on Saturday evening that Ryan's grandpa had passed away. We were praying for him and hoping he would recover, but we all know that he is in a better place. We really wanted to go down for the funeral, but it just didn't work out. His grandpa was a very kind and gentle man. I only knew him a short time and only was around him a few times, but you could tell he loved his family and was a wonderful husband, father, grandfather and great-grandpa. We will miss him so much. I know Ryan is sadden by this loss. Knowing he is in Heaven with Jesus, helps us get through this time.
We also got bad news this morning. I can't really talk about it right now, but one of our old bosses was found dead this morning at the dealership that me and Ryan both worked at. Its a very sad situation and I just feel numb.
I think my mind is in shock. Between the passing of Ryan's grandpa and this horrible news we found out about this morning, I'm on auto pilot right now. I'll keep you posted....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You all are in our prayers.

Hilary said...

Oh Lori,

I am so sorry about Ryan's grandpa and your former boss. What a sad weekend. I will add you to my prayer list. Let me know if I can do anything for you. HIL

Anonymous said...

How are things going for you all? I am thinking about you and praying for all of you. The Lord will see you through all of this-He is there for you.