Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Capri Pants Freakout

So yesterday day was a nice day. The wind had a bit of a chill in it, but all in all, it was a nice day. Today, its a different story. Its cold and only 30 degrees! We didn't have a big storm blow through, but a cold front pushed through nevertheless and today we can feel it!
Anyway, yesterday we were out running errands (alright going to wal-mart for a thing or two), but I had put Adriana in some capri pants. The outfit she had on is too stinkin' cute. They have these little capri pants and matching shirts at Wal-mart and my friend Susan had bought Adriana this outfit when they came to visit a few weeks ago. Anyway, it all of a sudden dawned on Adriana yesterday, while riding in the car, that her pants were too short. She freaked out. She kept trying to pull them down to make them long, so they would cover her legs, but wasn't having any success. She started balling! I tried to calm her down and show her that I had on "short pants" too and that's how it was suppose to be (mind you I'm trying to drive and lift my leg high enough for my child to understand what I'm trying to show her). She finally calmed down. I think it still bothered her, but somehow we made it through the day.

She has been acting so much like a terrible 2 these days. In fact, as I am writing this blog, she is in her bedroom crying/playing and its an hour and a half AFTER she should be asleep. She normally takes a good nap and will go down around 1 or 1:30pm and sleep till around 5pm (I know, with all that free time, I should have a clean house), however, all this week she has been fighting me on her naps. I NEED A BREAK! I love my baby, but I need some down time too. Hopefully, she will get back on her schedule SOON and go back to sleeping good.
Adriana playing on the man holes (or whatever
they are called). They look so good in our front
yard. (NOT!)
Hamming it up
Notice the capri pants that caused
the melt down of the day!
Coloring Daddy a pretty picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading what you write, Lori! Thank you!