Thursday, March 26, 2009

I realize that my last post was pretty depressing (this one won't be much better). I went to the visitation of our old boss last night and will go to the memorial service today. The police still aren't releasing much information on what happened, but Rufus was shot in the chest in the service center sometime Monday morning. They aren't saying much more than that. They are ruling it a homicide though. Its so hard, this is the second person I have known that has been murdered in the last year. I think that part is the hardest part to swallow. Rufus was a good boss and a very nice man. He will be greatly missed...
This whole experience has been very bittersweet. Last night at visitation I was able to see a lot of old co-workers and catch up with them, which was nice, but obviously not the best circumstances the meet under. Just keep the employees in your thoughts and prayers, for the future for them is very uncertain, a lot of them have families. Also keep Rufus' family in your prayers too, he had 3 kids and 2 grand kids.
I promise my next post will be more upbeat, sometimes its just good to get it off your chest....

No comments: