Friday, February 27, 2009

Without Water

Here we go again. We can't use any water in our house. Its so frustrating! We have a Sewage Lift Pump, all the water in our house drains to a pump which, when it gets full, pumps to a Septic tank, well the pump is out AGAIN! You don't know how much you miss or need running water until its gone. We noticed the problem last night around 5:15pm or so. It all of a sudden starting smelling, like rotten eggs (sorry, I know that's graphic). We ran some water to see if we could hear the pump kick on, but never did, so Ryan went down to the crawl space and notice that it wasn't pumping and that it had overflowed. Why we always have this problem at night, I do not know. I called several plumbers and they either don't work on them at night or they were going to cost us an arm and leg just to come out and look at it, not sure if they would be able to fix it. We weighed all our options and decided to wait until morning to have it fixed. I feel so dirty. I have a load of wash, sitting in water in the washing machine, I have a sink of dirty dish water, Ryan had to take a bath today, so we have a tub of bath water, we had to brush our teeth outside, and well, we won't talk about the toilet situation. ITS SO GROSS! I still feel fortunate that we have a house and I know it could be far worse. So I'm here waiting until the plumber can get here sometime this afternoon. I hope no one decides to "pop in" to see me today. I was able to go over to a friends house this morning and take a shower over there. Times like this, make you thankful for every little thing God blesses you with, even a simple thing like running water.

No comments: