Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Cat Fight Referee

Today Zoe had a rough day. Today was gorgeous outside and she has been dying to go outside. We have a chain link fence so we let her out in our backyard. Every once and a while a stray cat will come along, but never gets too close and Zoe normally gets all worked up and scares it away. Anyway, I was sitting at the computer and hear a cat fight, literally. I looked outside and see Zoe going round and round with a stray cat in our backyard. They were literally going head over head fighting. It was like a cartoon with a dust cloud coming up around them as they roll around. It was very vicious sounding to say the least. I didn't want to get in the middle of it so I did my best trying to break them up by yelling at them. They fought for a few seconds later and then the stray jumped the fence and left Zoe in her dust. Zoe was pretty wound up after that. I got her inside and noticed that she had a cut right above her eye. She was too upset still for me to get too close, but after she cooled off I notice that she had another cut above her other eye. She seems pretty down and out tonight. I think it really hurt her. She has been limping around and keeping to herself. I feel sorry for her. Tonight I was sitting on the couch and she finally jumped in my lap and then comes Adriana and pulls her ear as hard as she could. Today was not a good day to be a cat in the Naylor household.
(Note: Since Zoe is an indoor cat, she doesn't have any claws, so she was pretty helpless in the fight)

No comments: