Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Battle Wounds

Yesterday I was taking Adriana to school. I got her out of the van and went and stepped up on the edge of the sidewalk and didn't see the patch of ice and instantly slid to my knees. I came pretty close to dropping her and having her head hit first on the sidewalk, but luckily I pulled her back before that happened. I was in shorts because I was going to go work out after dropping her off, that's why they are so tore up. I know, what am I doing wearing shorts when its freezing outside? I'm glad I did have shorts on and not pants, I think it would have tore pants up and I don't have that many to begin with. (Although it would have been a good reason to buy some new clothes!) By the time I dropped her off at her class room and started walking back outside, I had blood running down my leg almost to my ankle. I'm sure people thought I was some kind of freak show. Needless to say, I didn't feel like going and running on a treadmill (alright, I don't run, but I can walk pretty fast). My legs were on fire all day! We'll that's my battle wound story. Sorry for the gross pictures and the fat, white legs that accompany my boo boos.




2 comments:

Jeanie said...

I guess its good they hadn't salted the sidewalk yet??? Maybe?? ouch....

Kara said...

Hey, just wanted to see if I could get your email. I finally have what you wanted me to send you!