Thursday, December 18, 2008

Deal of the Day

Anyone who knows me, knows I LOVE to bargain shop. I rarely pay full price for anything. Well, all my bargain shopping through the years, I have never gotten PAID by a company to take a product off their hands. Let me explain.
Adriana is in desperate need for some shoes. The problems lies in the fact that she has chubby, wide feet, like her mama. Its really hard to find shoes that fit her. She needs some new gym shoes for school, but I can't seem to find any that fit. Anyway, I hate paying full price for children's shoes, because they grow out of them so fast. After checking at some resale stores and looking at Goodwill, I came the the fact that like it or lump it, I'm going to have to buy her shoes at full price. I went to Payless because they carry wides. Well, the only shoe they had in wide was, of course, not on sale. I went ahead and decided that she needed them. Well, the store I was at didn't have her size, so they gave me the store that did and gave me a $3 off coupon towards the purchase of those shoes. So I went to the other store at the mall to buy them and they were having their BOGO 50% sale. I looked for her some more shoes, but couldn't find any. So I breezed over to my size and found a really cute pair of plaid mary janes on clearance for $10. I thought, that is a good deal, I can get these shoes that are normally $23 for $5 (since the second pair is half price). Well I tried on the shoes and they didn't fit real good, so I was going to go down a half size, well, of course, they didn't have my size. I asked them to see if another store would have them in that size and they said that the one a few miles down the road had one pair left in that size. So I went ahead and bought Adriana shoes there at the mall and they gave me another $3 off coupon for those shoes that I was going to buy. (I guess if they don't have it in stock and you have to go to another Payless to get a pair, you get a $3 coupon.) So technically after my 1/2 price on my shoes and after the coupon, I should only pay $2 for my shoes. Not too shabby. Well the girl at the other store rang it up and after talking to the store manager, they ended up giving me $1.07 back in change. I told them that I hadn't even paid for my other pair of shoes, and the manager said that it was too much to fool with so she said "Merry Christmas, enjoy your free shoes". I was in shock! Needless to say, Ryan wasn't too upset at me for getting another pair of shoes, when the store pays you to take a pair of shoes! Talk about a deal!

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

UM...if you are out again, I wear a 10.

Kara said...

Very impressive! I've never heard of such.