Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

Well I have a few minutes to write a little something since Daddy's getting help with the dishes.






This Thanksgiving has been very different for us. On Thanksgiving day we had to wing it on our own, since mom and dad went to Jeff City to do Thanksgiving there and bring Chris back. So we went over to my parents rental house and raked and raked and raked the leaves that were in the front yard. They had so many leaves, it just made the house more run down and not very homey. Anyway, we went there to do all of this for them, and when we pulled in there, we realized we forgot our key to their house, so we were stuck with a billion leaves and only one rake. Adriana was very good considering she had to occupy herself for 3.5 hours outside. We weren't able to finish because we had to get Adriana home for a nap. Anyway, our Thanksgiving feast ended up being a Jr. Burger from Sonic for lunch and biscuits and gravy for dinner. Like I said, a very different holiday. I will say, that I was amazed how many people are out and about at the most weird places. There were a ton of people at Walgreens, which I understand to a point, but there was even a lot of people at Sonic and I noticed that there was even a line at the dog wash (yeah, we have a dog wash). I'm willing to bet that those dogs weren't too Thankful for that treat on Thanksgiving day.
Last night we did Thanksgiving with my parents and my brother. We had good cookin' and lots of fun hanging with each other. It doesn't matter what day you do your holiday festivities as long as you get to be with each other. Oh, and have great food!
Today we decorated for Christmas. It was an all day event. Adriana is still in awe of the tree. She keeps wanting to touch the ornaments on the tree, so I told her to look with her eyes and not with her hands. She doesn't understand this saying yet, because she just got really close to the tree and squinted her eyes. It was so funny.
Here are some pictures of my helpers today.

Adriana and Daddy opening the tree box.



Zoe jumped in to help.



Zoe getting shut in the box.



Mama's little helper.


Zoe under the tree glad to be out of the box.

Here are some pictures I took the other night of Adriana playing dress up. Zoe even had to get in on the action.




Well little Miss Busy Body is done with the dishes so I better go. I will try to post pics of our Christmas decorations soon. Have a good rest of the weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! email me. :)
(Voso)