Monday, December 8, 2008

I am finished!

Its official, I am finished Christmas shopping. I was about 95% of the way finished but had to tie up some odds and ends to make gifts complete. I know people normally sigh a big breath after being done, but I love to shop and this is the only time of year that I don't get in trouble for buying things. I'm kind of bummed that I'm done, but it also feels good at the same time.
I have thought about the most random things lately. For example, isn't it funny how this is the only time of year that we go full out on decorating for a holiday? I mean, you might lay out a bunny and eggs at Easter time or put a pumpkin out in the fall, but what other holiday do you rearrange furniture for? I love Christmas, and I love to decorate for it, but its so funny how we have boxes and boxes of decorations that we only use for one month out of the year. We pull out ladders and risk our husbands lives to hang lights on our houses. People wear Santa hats just to do grocery shopping (which I don't understand). Its just amazing how much we do for this holiday. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say we shouldn't do all of this, it just strikes me as odd that we do it for this holiday and not any other.
Speaking of decorations, I was finally going to post some pics of our tree and decorations around the house and my batteries died on me, so I'll have to post them when the batteries charge.

No comments: