Thursday, November 6, 2008

A modge podge of stuff

I feel like I am behind the times. I have looked on all my friends blogs and they have wrote about their Halloween experiences the day of or the day after, and I have yet to post anything. We have been so busy trying to find my parents a house. They have been here from Monday to Wednesday and still have had no luck, so they will probably end up renting something down here for a while until they find something that works for them. They don't want to rush into buying a house, just to be buying a house. I know something will turn up in time. Anyway, back to Halloween, we didn't really go trick or treating or do anything with Adriana since she is still so young. We were at my parents house anyway and was setting up for the moving sale for the following day. Anyway, on Saturday we took Adriana over to my grandma's house and to my Aunt Dee's house all dressed up. Adriana went as her favorite thing in the whole wide world.....Zoe. I found this little cat outfit at Old Navy and thought it was purrr-fect (sorry that was cheesy). It is a white cat outfit with pink ears and pink feet like our cat. Adriana LOVES dressing up in this outfit. I had a big plan on painting her face white and drawing whiskers on her, but we never got around to it. Here are some of the pictures I got of her with Zoe. Needless to say, Zoe wasn't too impressed with the whole thing.






I could not sleep last night. All I kept dreaming about was being in the White House with the Obama's. Yuck! I don't know what I was dreaming about really, but I do remember tossing and turning at the thought of them being in charge. I would say the only good thing that has come out of this election is the fact that its over! Its so funny to me, all the millions of dollars they spend on advertising, with commercials, ads, signs, etc. They build themselves up so much and think so much of themselves and then when you go into vote, there is their name, not written in fancy lettering or broadcast greatly for all the world to hear, no, its just in a 12 or 14 point font with a little circle beside their name. What's so grand about that? It just struck me as kind of funny, that the biggest position in our nation is written the same as someone running for County Clerk. I don't want to make anyone mad either, if you voted for Obama, that is your choice and I respect that. That's what's so great about our nation, we all have the right to vote and have our own opinion. With that being said, I can't stand all this publicity that surrounds Obama. Like Ryan said this morning after watching the news, they act like he's some kind of Savior or something. I just have to question whether or not they would be going through all this hoopla if McCain won. Alright, that is all I will say about politics. I hate politics and everything that goes with it. I don't care to hear people drone on and on about their opinions in politics and I'm sorry that I did that here.
We had an unusual thing the other morning. I woke up and looked outside towards the back of our house and saw a car parked in the field behind our house. We have an open field behind us and it was unusual to see a car parked there. At first I thought it was a man sitting in the car. And it had me worried as to why he was parked there. He was within a 100 yards of our house and it just gave me an uneasy feeling. You never know these days what kind of crazies are out there. Anyway, after about 30 minutes or so it appeared he was sleeping (mind you I was trying to see him through my telephoto lens on my camera). I decided to call the Sheriff's Dept just so they could come out and investigate the situation. Well, there must not be anything else for the cops to do in this town because 2 sheriff's cars showed up and 3 City police cars showed up. As the events unfolded we saw that it was a woman and her 2 children sleeping in the car. Well of course I just felt bad then. It's not like they were causing any harm. They had the mother pulled aside and the two boys sitting on the hood of a cop car. They rummaged through their car through all of this. The cop talking to the mother eventually got on his phone. The only thing I can think is that they may have been running from an abusive person and didn't have anywhere else to go, so they didn't have a choice put to sleep in their car. I just hope that they were able to get the help they need to be a little bit more safe than sleeping in their car.
Now that I've written so much that no one is probably still reading, I guess I'll wrap this up.

2 comments:

missjan said...

oh i just love that cute little kitty. it was so fun seeing you at the sale.
i don't remember you being so spunky and perky at that age. you were so cute, but you sucked your fingers, that kept you quiet. lol.

The Shindels said...

Correction: Not ALL of your friends have posted about Halloween. There is someone on this planet who is slower and later than you!