Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy 100th!

Well I had little tid bits of nothings to write about and realized that this is my 100th post! It should be a spectacular post since its a big milestone, unfortunately, there's nothing spectacular going on right now. Surprise, surprise!
I was able to get a good start on my Christmas shopping today. I was out and about on Saturday and quickly realized that I don't want to be in the mix of all the lovely Christmas shoppers. Today was much better, although I have noticed that the shopping crowd has picked up and I'm sure its only going to get worse. I LOVE Christmas shopping! Its fun to buy people things and Ryan doesn't get mad at me spending money since we have already allotted enough money for everyone on our list. We have decided to get Adriana only 3 gifts. Since baby Jesus only got 3 gifts, we thought that that would be a good boundary to set so that she doesn't get overloaded on toys. I think that she will appreciate them more plus she doesn't need a ton of toys, she already has plenty. I thought this was a good idea at first, just getting 3 gifts, but found out today how hard that is. I am finding TONS of things that I want to get her. I know she doesn't know any different and doesn't even care at this age, but as a mom I want to get her everything that I know she would have a ball playing with. I just have to keep reminding myself that there has been stuff that we were so excited about getting her at one point or another, and she plays with it for only a few minutes and then its off to something different. We will be celebrating Christmas down in Alabama again this year, and still probably doing something with my family so I don't know when I will give her her presents.
Well, not much else is going on here. We are looking forward to my parents getting here and getting settled in and I know that they can't wait just to get this move behind them.
Adriana update: I know my mother in law always asks what Adriana is doing or saying and I can never think of anything. We have noticed her wanting to talk more, so we are trying to grow accustomed to her language. Here are some examples: she can say "dishes" pretty well, "nack" for snack, "boo" (with a short O sound) for book, of course she "moos" whenever she sees the cows in the fields on our street, "eow" anytime she sees a cat and I know there is more, its hard to concentrate since she just started crying in her room because she won't take a nap! I guess I'll wrap up. Have a good one and stay warm!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Congratulations!

Kara said...

I meant to write a longer comment earlier, but Riley had just woken up and I had to go get her. Anyways, we can't wait to see ya'll at Christmas!