Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Random Thoughts

I just wanted to update and let everyone know that my parents move went really well. They ended up having help load and unload the trucks both in Jeff City and here in Springfield. I went over and helped them a little yesterday while Adriana was in school, but they have a long ways to go. They aren't going to unpack everything, since they will hopefully be moving to a house of their own in 6 months or so.
They are going to bring Chris back on Thursday to live with them. He has been living in a crappy motel for a few months and I know is ready for a fresh start. I hope and pray he will find a good job, and start getting on his own feet soon.
We have decided to do Thanksgiving with my parents on Friday, since they are going out of town on Thursday. I think it will be a lot of fun, and still some good food to eat.
I am currently waiting for Adriana to go down for a nap, so I can head outside to paint a headboard for her room. We will be moving her to a "big girl bed" shortly, and since its so nice outside today, I thought I would take advantage and finish painting it.
We have all been sick for the last couple of weeks. Poor Adriana has had the worse runny nose for literally 3 weeks or longer. Her nose is so red and she doesn't want anyone to come near it with a tissue.
I guess its just one month from today till Christmas. Its kind of sad to see it coming so fast, because you know how fast its going to fly by and before you know it December will be gone. I enjoy this time of year. I like the music, the warm drinks, the generosity it brings out in people, and of course all the extra shopping. I wish it could go by a little slower.
Well, I'll wrap things up. I think my child is, hopefully, asleep and I need to get to painting.

1 comment:

Kara said...

I'm glad your parents' move went well. I hope it will be a nice change for Chris. As for Thanksgiving, I like the idea of yall celebrating it on Friday with your parents. Maybe we can do the same thing since we're not at home on Thanksgiving day. I can't wait to see yall soon!