Monday, November 17, 2008

Ode to LNT

I know, I'm crazy, but I'm going to write this entry despite what you might think. I am writing an Ode to Linens-N-Things (LNT) because they are going out of business. In these tough times a lot of places are going under, but LNT has been a big part of my young adult life. I got a job working there part time in college and loved it. I met so many people and made so many friends there. When I decided to move to Nashville, I transferred with the company and got an assistant manager position, of sorts, there in the bedding department. I didn't plan on working at LNT as long as I did, but I gave them 3 years of my life. I truly enjoyed my job. I didn't always like my co-workers or customers (especially customers), but I did like helping people pick out bedding, or telling people about different kinds of cotton in sheets, etc. I know it sounds lame, but it was a lot of fun. To suggest to someone what kind of colors or fabrics would work best for them and them to take my advice and buy it made me feel good.
I felt like I lived there most of the time when I was in Nashville. I worked full time and often came in on my days off just to chat with my co-workers. They were like family to me and they were my only friends I had there too. I learned many new songs while working there. Its amazing how you can subconsciously learn songs and not even know it. I had a lot of fun there and always like shopping in there. I bought something there with every paycheck. I am going to miss LNT's, every time I went to one, the smells were the same, the music was the same and it just always took me back to my younger days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AHHHH! Your daughter is sooo cute! I miss you so much and just happened to run into your blog on Annie's blog. Hey, please feel free to email sometime! ecclesiastes523@aim.com
Love you!
Jessie L. (V.) ;)