Monday, March 22, 2010

Girls Day Out

This week is Adriana's spring break. I was trying to think of things that I could do with her that is inexpensive, yet gets us out of the house. I thought it would be fun to have just a "girls day" and just spend time with me and her. My parents so graciously took care of Paxton all day so we could do our own thing.
We started out eating lunch at Chick-Fil-A.



Then it was off to Chuck E. Cheese to play some games. We had some tokens left over from the last time we went, so that saved us some money and Adriana had a blast! The child LOVES the barney ride the most. She would spend all the tokens on this ride, if I would let her. She was hugging it and kissing on it. It was kind of embarrassing, yet cute.




Next we were off to the movies. We stopped at the Dollar Tree to grab candy to sneak into the movies. We got to the store and she said, "Mommy, is this the movies". I thought that was cute. She was so excited to get to pick out her own candy. I'm kind of a stickler when it comes to sweets with her, so she thought it was so special to get candy. We went to the dollar theater to go see "The Princess and the Frog". Adriana isn't much for sitting through long movies, so I knew we wouldn't see the whole thing, but she stayed longer that I thought we would. We stayed for about an hour. She was getting real antsy and whispered to me, that she was ready to go home. So we left. We had a great day and I had fun just spending time with her. Hopefully we can have girls day again, soon.

The car ride back home was pretty quiet.
You tell me, do you think she had a good day?

2 comments:

The Richardsons said...

She looks just like you Lori! Is your email still checkoutlori@hotmail.com?

Hilary said...

Oh Lori,
What a sweet day. She will remember this forever. I know my mom used to take me out on "special" days and then she would do the same for my sister. We both loved the time alone with mom. Glad you guys had a fun filled day. You're parents are awesome to help out so much. My parents are the same...I love them for that!