Saturday, January 30, 2010

Home Sweet Home

As we have been cooped up for the last day, it has made me think about home. Its funny how the word home can mean so many different things to so many different people. There are just a handful of people that consider the same house, home, yet there are a million homes in the world. Isn't it funny that I can love my house and feel so comfortable, but no matter how hard I try, how comfortable I make my house to guests, its still not home to them. You can visit some of the nastiest houses and feel like your skin is going to crawl just being there, yet that is what someone calls home. You can feel more comfortable in some houses more so than others, i.e. parents houses, or close friends, but there is still something different.
I know they say, "home is where the heart is", but sometimes it also means, its where YOUR bed is, YOUR couch is, YOUR TV is, that makes us feel so comfortable. So although I hate being cooped up, there's no where else I would rather be.

1 comment:

MissMolly said...

I just got HOME from vacation, and as nice as it is to get away every now and then, it really makes you appreciate home when you get back. A plush hotel suite is amazing, but the novelty wears off after a few nights away from your own comfort and familiarity. Good post!