Tuesday, February 2, 2010

"She has no words"

I know from the title, this statement probably doesn't make much sense. Its because its from my 2 year old. She says this when talking about Zoe, our cat. I am trying to teach Adriana why Paxton cries or Zoe meows (or hisses, which is normally the case). I tell her that they can't use their words to tell me whats wrong, so Paxton cries to tell Mama that there is something wrong and Zoe isn't able to use her words either and that she has different ways of telling me that she needs something or that she is mad, or happy or whatever the case may be. Today Adriana looked at me and told me that Zoe has no words. I know what she is saying, but I kind of thought it was funny, because it sounded more like, Zoe has no words for how frustrated she feels, which is probably more like it. A lot of times, I have no words either when dealing with my frustrations either.
On another note: Paxton is fighting is first bug. Right now he has a head cold with a stuffy nose, but on Sunday he had thrown up quite a bit and had diarrhea. Sunday was the first time I had dropped him off in the nursery in church, and it was the first time I have left him in a daycare setting. It was actually kind of hard for me, more so with him, than with Adriana. I HAD to leave Adriana in childcare when she was 6 weeks old so I could go to work, so dropping her off for an hour at church was no big deal. This was the first time anyone besides my parents have watched him. We got paged, because he threw up all over the girl watching him like 7 times. I hate when my babies don't feel good. He has handled his illness like a little trooper, and for that I am thankful.
Well, I'm back in the saddle again. The workout saddle. I have not exercised in about a year. (Come on, give me a break, I had a baby). Right before I got pregnant, I was doing Zumba at a church here in Ozark and LOVED it. It was a fun way to work out and burn a ton of calories. I had lost about 15lbs and went down a pants size in the 5-6 weeks I had done it. The whole time I was pregnant, I told Ryan that I was going to start up again, as soon as I could. I started for the first time again last night. Oh my, I about died. But in a good way. It kicked my rear, but that's what I needed. I was smart with this pregnancy. I didn't have an all you can eat buffet with every meal, like I did with my first pregnancy. I did so much better, and actually lost all of the weight I had gained with Paxton's pregnancy in about 11 days. (It helps that he was almost 10lbs, helps drop a lot of weight, quickly). However, I did so bad the first time around. I gained 60lbs and only have lost 30lbs. My goal, is to loose 30 more pounds. I am bound to fit into a size 8 again. So as I embark on this new journey, I hope that I can stick with it and finish this goal that I have had for the past 3 years.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Good for you for going to ZUMBA. Do you go at FBCO? I have always wanted to try it but too scared that I will make a fool of myself. Honestly I don't really even know that it is. I used to do Jazzercise before Z was born...loved it. However my middle name is klutz. Keep up the good work!