Monday, January 18, 2010

Feeling Rushed

Sorry I have completely slacked off on my blogging duties lately. I am amazed with how much busier life is with 2 kids. I know I should be use to it by now, Paxton is 8 weeks old, but man, its hard to get anything done (except laundry, dishes, cleaning and paying bills, somehow all those things find time in my life). I feel so rushed doing EVERYTHING. I don't feel like I can kick back and relax, ever. Someone or something is always fighting for my attention, so anything fun that I want to do, I don't do because I feel guilty, the blog being one of those things. I absolutely HATE the feeling of being rushed. I feel like I have a small amount of time to do anything. Dishes, shopping, taking naps, blogging or facebook, getting ready or even going to the bathroom, is never done when I want or at a leisurely pace. I feel like I'm just chasing my tail. I know, there are many of you out there with 2 or more kids, so I'm sure your thinking, "suck it up, Lori and deal with it", I'm trying, I'm just ready for life to slow down.
On a more happier note, life has been good around here. It dawned on me the other day, that I need to be getting some plans together for Adriana's birthday party next month. I think we are going to have it at the club house where my parents live and have games and crafts for the kids. We are having a "Toy Story" themed party. Adriana wanted that over Cinderella, so I'm looking forward to decorating for that.
Paxton is growing like a weed. I took him today to get his 2 month shots and hated it. He cried, but not too long at all, which I am thankful for. He is weighing in at 13lbs 7oz, so he's doing good. He's still getting up once a night to eat, but hopefully in the next few weeks, he'll start sleeping through the night. He slept through the night 1 time, it was enough to get our hopes up, but obviously short lived.
Ryan is doing good. He's back to work and working hard. Last week was his first full week back, due to the holidays and bad weather, he hadn't worked a full week in 3 weeks. It was nice to have him at home, just not good on the wallet, but God always takes care of us.
We have gotten a couple of new toys. I got a new phone (which was free) and I'm loving it. Nothing fancy, but it has a full keyboard for texting, which is so nice. (FYI, I'm feeling rushed right now, because Paxton is waking up). Also, we got a new net book for our upstairs. A net book is a small laptop and we have WiFi in our house now, so we got one for upstairs to check mail, etc.
Well, I have a little one hungry and mad, so I better go. Bye for now....

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Speaking of Toy Story parties...my sis just had one for my nephew. If you are looking for neat favors here are a couple suggestions. Send your mom to pick the up or I don't mind getting them if you want. Target $1 isle has Toy Story socks, notebooks, stickers. JcPenneys Home Store has bulb ornaments with the entire TS gang on them. They were 9.98 each they are now 1.18 each. Just an idea. Not sure if you need favors but these were super cute.

Lori said...

Thanks Hilary! I have seen the stuff at Target and LOVE them, they have new TS stuff there everytime I go. I'll have to check the orniments out at JCP. Thanks for the ideas!