Monday, February 15, 2010

Adriana's Birthday Party

Well its come and gone. All the blood, sweat, and tears. Worries, time and planning that I poured into a 2 hour party, is over. It was a fun party, and I have to say, I'm quite pleased with how it all turned out. We had a little different of a party. Most kids, it seems, are having their party at Chuck E. Cheese, or places that have bouncy houses and slides, those are fun and exciting, but they are also costly. We were on a tighter budget this year, so we had to get creative. Thankfully the subdivision my parents live in, have really nice clubhouse, that was free to use. I was a little nervous to use it, since none of us had ever seen the inside of it. I was thoroughly impressed. They let us have it the night before so we could set up and decorate. It was my parents and me that set up that night. Friday night, was also the same night my in-laws came into town, so I missed out on spending time with them because of setting up. Anyway, it turned out good.
I decided to have a "craft" party. I had the kids pick out a gift bag and color it and put stickers on it and decorate it however they wanted. These were their goody bags. After getting their bags they made their way to the 3 craft stations I had set up. One of them was a beading table. They got to make their own necklace or bracelet. Next, they got to decorate a visor hat. They could choose from many foam stickers, markers and stickers to decorate them. The last station was making a picture frame to hang on the refrigerator. They again got to pick all the details and have their own creations come to life. I think the kids had a good time doing these projects. I wanted something they could take home and enjoy and take pride in, because they did it themselves. After crafts, we sang to Adriana and ate the little finger foods I had to munch on. After everyone was done eating, Adriana got to open her gifts. She had a blast and truly enjoyed everything she got. We then let all the kids play with all the balloons. It was crazy, but they all had fun.
All in all, it was a good, fun party and I think Adriana truly enjoyed herself. Here pictures of her big party...



Pictures of the clubhouse before we decorated.
Since it was a "Toy Story" themed party, I had
the movie play in the background on the big screen.


The food table.


The gift table. (don't worry, the child got a lot
more gifts than are pictured).


The cake table. To help save a few bucks, I
made the cake and cupcakes.


Adriana dying to have a cupcake.


Buzz and Woody next to the cake. I wanted them
to be cake toppers, but they were too big. She
loves playing with her new Buzz and Woody.


Kids at the visor table, decorating their hats.


Decorating the bags to put their goodies in.





Adriana opening her gifts, she loved them all!


The balloon madness. It was so much fun!


One of many attempts to get a group picture.
You can guess how well that went. Lets just say
not all the kids are in the shot, but it was the best
one I had.


After the madness, we are still a family.

Adriana, we love you so much and hope you had a great time. You are forever our baby!

2 comments:

victoria pierce said...

looks like fun! Happy Birthday Adriana!

The Pierce family said...

Looks like everyone had a great time. It all looked so nice.