Saturday, December 5, 2009

New Pictures

Sorry to leave you guys hanging. Man, I don't have time to do ANYTHING these days. Any free time, is taken up by chores, or a nap. Naps are very rare for me these days. Its like Paxton knows how tired I am and waits for me to lay my head on the pillow to take a nap, and literally within about 1-2 minutes, he will wake up and be ready to go. So, I don't have a whole lot of time to do anything "fun", like my blog.
I took him to the surgeon on Tuesday and they will do the surgery when he weighs more like 12-15 pounds, just so he can be a little bit more stable for the medication. Its an outpatient procedure. I'll be happy to have it taken care of and have it behind us. I take him for his 2 week appointment on Monday, so we'll see how he's doing with everything.
I wanted to post some new pictures. Adriana is doing a lot better with him, although still tends to act out if we are giving the baby too much attention, but she is getting better. Here is a picture of her holding him the other night. She has only held him 2 times, this one being the second time.
This other picture I took this morning. Ryan was pooped out from being up with him for about an hour and half this morning at 4am. I thought it was cute, that both men are sleeping the same way.
The next series of pictures are from today. We took Adriana to go see the "big cow" (as she calls him) at Chik-fil-A. I knew that he was going to be there today, and that you could go and get your picture taken with him as he was dressed as Santa. Adriana was THRILLED to death about the idea of it. We told her days ago that that was what we were going to be doing, and she couldn't wait. Every time we go to Chik-Fil-A she thinks the cow is going to be there (and of course he isn't), so she was pumped about seeing him this morning.
She went right up to him and gave him hugs and wanted to sit on his lap. There wasn't hardly any people there, so she got to have him to herself for a long time. After getting some pictures with him, we got our breakfast and sat down and low and behold, the cow came over and sat with us during breakfast. Adriana was SO happy, she couldn't stand it. It meant so much to her. She couldn't stop smiling. She kept wanting her picture taken with him, it was funny. Here are pictures from that.
Family Photo with the Cows.
Adriana eating with the Cow
She kept wanting to hug and sit on the cows laps.
She also wanted them to play with her and sing
songs with her, it was too cute.
Paxton sleeping through the whole
ordeal. I thought it was cute how
his legs were crossed.
This weekend was special. I got to see 2 of my best friends, that I rarely get to see. Susan came up for a few days and our friend Jen came over one night too. The three of us were attached at the hips in high school and it was good to be with them again, even if it was just for a short time. (I'm bummed I didn't take any pictures, too tired to think straight).

3 comments:

The Pierces said...

Love the pictures! Glad Adriana got to spend some time with the cow! Too cool for her!

Kara said...

Hey, I don't have a newborn and I haven't posted in like forever! So, don't feel bad. Also, Paxton is SO adorable!! I love these pictures of him and also the ones of Adriana and the cow!!! :)

missjan said...

OH Lori and Ryan,

I really enjoyed your pics/post. its such a blessing to be able to go and see your latest stories.

I love the cow story!! and I am so glad Adrianna is doing better with Paxton. He's so cute. I am so glad you have such a wonderful husband/father of your children.

as you know enjoy every minute with him, then he'll be a toddler too fast, then a preschooler, then...........etc.

Tell Adrianna I said hello.

goodnight and sleep tight and sweet cow dreams,

missjan