Thursday, December 10, 2009

Bad Day

I have just a few minutes to write about my day. The little one is about to rise and want to eat.
Today was my first day on my own. I have had the kids by myself before, but this was the acid test. Thursdays are my errand days. I go the bank, get gas, go to Wal-Mart and pay bills. It seems to be a trying day for Adriana, because my attention is split between all of these things. Today was my first day to do all these things by myself. It started out good. I got all my bills paid last night, got my grocery list made up, and was ready to roar. The bank was a good stop and I thought I would treat Adriana to McDonalds for lunch. This is where it all started to unravel. She didn't really do anything wrong, but the child LOVES to people watch and this takes all her time and energy. Not good when you are on a timeline with an infant. After eating a cheeseburger for an hour, I was loosing my patience really quickly. I knew I was a on a tight time crunch for Paxton and when he was going to be needing to eat next. This was my bad, I left the house today without a bottle. I should have known better. Silly me. I thought since we left the house around 10:45am, that we would be home in time to feed Paxton by 1:30pm. WRONG! By the time we wrapped up at McDonalds, and got to Wal-Mart, I was pushing 1pm or so. He was not a happy camper. After his screaming, Adriana trying for my attention, and people staring, I had had enough! I got the few groceries I had and checked out. I was so upset. I think all 3 of us were in tears by the end of our little adventure today. I now know, not to leave the house without a bottle and not to eat out with Adriana when I want to get something done that day.
Guess where I'll be heading back to tonight? Lets hope it goes a little better than earlier.

4 comments:

Mel at Adventures of Mel said...

Ugh...I'm sorry you had such a bad day. I think it must be in the air because this has been a really rough week with the kiddos in our house too....tomorrow's Friday, though.:)

The Shindels said...

Hang in there, Lori! The first few months are rough trying to figure out what to do with two kids. It's ok to feel overwhelmed and it's SO ok to ask for help! Don't even start to feel like you're a bad mom. Just take one day at a time. You'll figure out what works for two kids and how to get things done. Not that this will work for you, but this works for us...I ALWAYS pack snacks and drinks in the diaper bag for Adon and me. LOTS of snacks. If nothing else, at least he won't be hungry AND he can eat WHILE I shop. :o) As for Gabe, (mind you breastfeeding is a little more convenient as there are no bottles to bring along), I have sat down in the middle of a deserted aisle at Kmart to feed him. :o) You just make it work. Don't expect to have it all figured out right away. It takes practice. However, I'm starting to wonder how on earth I'll get 3 little people in and out of the car without one of them running across the parking lot! YIKES!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

You will figure it out, Lori. It just takes time to figure out what works best for your family. You are gooing to do fine! I am praying for you! Good advice from the above comment...those things always worked for me. It was also good to have Dad watch them for a while...for a time away or just a soak in a bubble bath!

The Pierce family said...

Oops! That was my "anonymous" comment above...things are a bit crazy around here! :0)