Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

Tonight, on New Years Eve, sitting at home with my family, I have been thinking back about how fast time flies. It seems like holidays and birthdays make you reflect on what or where you were a year ago from that date. Tonight, watching the count down on TV they have been talking about how tomorrow starts a new decade. I hadn't really thought about it in that way, but its true. Its hard to believe that 10 years have come and gone so fast. It seems like just yesterday that there was the huge Y2K scare. I remember sitting at the gas pump on New Years Eve 1999, and getting gas, because, supposedly the next day, the world wouldn't know how to function with 2000 as a year in the computer systems. I never make it to midnight on New Years Eve, but that year I watched it with friends, almost on the edge of my seat, waiting to see what big tragedy was going to happen at midnight. Well, as we all know, nothing happened. Just a bunch of hype. Like I said, that is hard to believe that that was 10 years ago. In 1999, I was a senior in High school, only 18 years old. So naive and unaware of what the future held. A lot has happened in my life in the last 10 years.
I have graduated from high school and from college. Lived on my own in a new and big town, Nashville. Got married, have 2 kids. Have had 9 jobs (some I have had more than one at a time). Lived in 4 different towns. Moved more times than I can count. Have made life long friends, and have had broken friendships. Been in 5 weddings. Owned 4 cars. Lost a good friend and my Grandpa. Known true happiness and joy and have cried many tears.
The last decade was full of great memories. I would say some of the happiest years of my life, thus far. Some years were good, and some not so much. All in all, I had a blast! I come out the end of the decade in my late 20's, not sure of what lies ahead, but knowing that whatever the next ten years hold, I will have friends and family to see me through the good times and the bad.
Here's wishing everyone a happy and blessed 2010!
1999
2009
What a difference 10 years can make! (nobody better laugh!)

1 comment:

Jen said...

I never think to check your blog since we keep in touch throughout Facebook and texting...but I enjoyed this post. I am glad I got to be a part of your life in this past decade, and can't wait to move closer so we can start out 2010 together again! Who knows, maybe we'll have a little one, or two this decade that you can babysit for us ;)