Friday, December 25, 2009

Our Christmas Day

This was our first Christmas at home. With our own little family and with Adriana, somewhat, understanding about Santa leaving some presents for her by Christmas morning. Although, I don't know that she full understood. We told her all week, that Santa was coming to our house on Friday and she kept telling me that she wanted him to play in her room and play in her toy closet. She thought he was actually staying to play. I tried to explain it the best I could, I would love to know what goes on in that mind of hers. Anyway, we were anxious to see her open her gifts and see her reaction, as most parents are on Christmas morning. I have to say, she was more excited about her stocking stuffers that cost a $1, than she was about anything else.
We only get her a handful of gift, so she won't lose sight of the real meaning of Christmas (and we won't lose all our savings on gifts!). Her main gifts included: Candyland, Cooties, Memory, a puppet that sings and a digital camera. I thought she would LOVE her camera, since she is always walking around using ours, but like I said, she likes the $1 items more.
After we opened gifts this morning, my parents came over to spend the day with us. We had a nice brunch and opened some gifts that they had brought over. We pretty munched laid around and let Adriana play with all her new stuff. We played a fun game of "Catch Phrase" and laughed our heads off.
It was a lazy day that was full of fun and excitement. We had a great Christmas and hope that you and your family enjoyed yourselves on this holiday.
Now, onto the after Christmas sales! (Ryan's so excited)
Adriana opening her gifts from her stocking.
Adriana and her new camera.
Santa Baby
Mimi and Paxton rocking.
Pa kidding with Adriana.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

I love the new family picture with Paxton as Santa. VERY CUTE! I had to laugh because we got Z a digital camera last year and he had no interest in it at all. He still wants mine. I often wonder what is going on in their minds too! Glad you had a good, relaxing Christmas!