Monday, October 20, 2008

In A Van Down By the River

Alright, if you're a Chris Farley fan, you understand the title, if not, that's okay. Today Adriana went to school. I have to kill 4 hours each day she's in school. Today, I ran some errands, and then went to the church parking lot and read in my van under a shade tree. We had folded down one of the middle seats to haul some stuff this weekend and so I had a lot of floor space to sprawl out in the back and read. I had the sunroof open and the windows cracked, and enjoyed the beautiful breeze that flowed through the van. I felt like a homeless person in some ways and was afraid someone was going to see me. Not that I thought I would get in trouble, but more or less embarrassed that I was laying in the back of my van reading. For those of you who know me REALLY well, you're more or less stunned that I was READING than anything else. I've never been much of a reader. If I find a good author then I'll read the books published by them, but I'm not big on just picking a book out of thin air and reading it. My favorite author is Nicholas Sparks, very good writer. All of a sudden, I'm on a huge reading kick and I don't know why. I think it started when I saw a book on sale at Borders. It was by Richard Paul Evans (my mother-in-laws favorite author of all time). Knowing how much Sandy loves his books, I thought I would buy it and give it a shot. I read it and really liked his style of writing and saw another one of his books at a book sale at the library for $1. I've already read that one too. I went to the library and got some more books to read and have been really enjoyed having something else to do besides watch TV all the time. Ryan is a HUGE book nerd, oh I mean,book worm, and I think he likes to see that his wife has the capability of getting engrossed in a good book.

1 comment:

Kara said...

I love Richard Paul Evans too! I just kept reading one after the other; they're all so good.