Friday, October 17, 2008

Going Green


Now, I'm not a tree hugger, by any means, it just seems like you are hearing more and more ways to go green. They are making it easier and cheaper to do little things to help save money and the environment. We've switched to the compact fluorescent light bulbs and I would like to start recycling, however can't ever get anyone to answer the phone at the recycling center. But, there are lots of little things to do. My newest venture is buying these reusable bags. You can buy reusable bags anywhere these days, Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, even Dollar Tree. I've been wanting to get some, but have never done so. We were watching something on TV a week or so ago and it was about this woman who started this company called "The Bag Movement". What it is, is you get to purchase bags from her, that are sturdy, twice the size of a regular grocery bag and reusable. I ended up buying bags from her because, part of the proceeds from the bag purchases go to different charity groups or research foundations. Each bag has a different color ribbon which represents a different charity. I figured I can not only do my part to save the earth but help give a little money to a good cause. You can check out her website. www.thebagmovement.com

1 comment:

Kara said...

I too am trying to be a little more environmentally conscience. Way to go green! By the way, the pumpkin patch thing looked like so much fun! I wish we could have done it together.