Monday, September 15, 2008

Not Very Stealth Like

This last weekend I have been working in Adriana's room. Everyone with a small child will understand, every few months you have to go to change out clothes, and pack away one's she has grown out of and change clothes for the season that is approaching. Anyway, I did all this this last weekend, and rearranged her room a little. It is taking longer than I thought. I had an old dresser in her closet that someone gave to us before she was born. It has worked out great in her closet providing a little extra storage. Well this weekend, we pulled it out and used it to replace the changing table, which is now in her closet. I plan on painting the dresser, but that will have to wait for now. Anyway, I packed away her changing table, wipe warmer, all the things that means that she isn't a baby anymore. It was very sad to make her room "toodlerfide" (which isn't a word, but you know what I mean). My baby is getting too big too fast! Its still a work in progress, I'll show pictures when it doesn't look like a pig sty. Anyway, on with the story, last night after I put Adriana to bed I realized that I left my cell phone in her room. I was so afraid that it would ring. I didn't get a call all day,but my luck it would ring as she was going to sleep, so I was beside myself worried about it. Now, I know what your thinking, "just go in and get it and stop all your whining", well its not that easy. My child is very alert of her surroundings and she would have had a melt down if she saw me enter her room after I put her to bed. So I waited and waited for her to go to sleep. Adriana is and always has been a very light sleeper. When I thought the coast was somewhat clear, I attempted to go in and get my phone. I knew she wasn't asleep yet, but I knew she at least had her eyes closed. She was laying facing the door (of course) so I got down on my hands and knees and crawled across her room to get my phone that was on top of her dresser. Get in, get the phone, and get out without making a noise, this was my mission. I'm sad to say, I failed. I crawled over the the dresser, maneuvering around piles of junk and I went to reach for the phone and knocked over the lamp, hit #1. She didn't move. I kept on my mission, I reached up and got my phone, but of course knocking over shoes that fell to a plastic sack, hit #2. Still no movement. In the meantime, Ryan is in the kitchen cleaning, and clanks the dishes loudly, I had left her door open and the sound was so loud in her room, hit #3. Still no movement. As I got close to the exit, my knee popped loud and I kicked a toy that hit the door, hit #4. All in all, she at least wasn't disturbed by her mothers clumsiness, I on the other hand was sweating bullets and sad that I had failed in my mission. All this hard work and...no calls on my phone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! This cracked me up!! - Kim

missjan said...

oh my goodnness Lori I think you could write funny stories and make millions.