Sunday, September 14, 2008

Can't Sleep

I'm totally bummed right now. Its Sunday afternoon (my usual nap time) and I can't sleep. I was up all night last night. I had gone to bed around 10pm and fell into a nice deep sleep and then Adriana woke up crying around 11:30pm, due to a clogged up nose. I got her settled in and figured she would be up again, so I guess mentally I never allowed myself to go back to sleep. I was up until after 4am. I got in and out of bed all night. Its not uncommon for me not to sleep, I never have a good nights rest, so when that happens, I normally just toss and turn in bed instead of getting up. Last night however, the remains of Hurricane Ike rolled through the area and I'm telling you what, it sounded like we were in the middle of a wind tunnel. I'm sure a lot of you can relate, since a lot of people were affected by the same storm. I don't know if I have ever heard wind so loud and rain pounding the back windows so much in my life. I got up to kind of watch outside. Our house backs up into an open field, so we have no window treatments on the back side of the house. Off on the horizon in the back is part of the town of Ozark (about a mile away). You can see a McDonald's sign, a QT sign and a car dealership whose lot lights fill the darkness with light. I say all that to say all that light from the distance, makes out the silhouette of the trees blowing in the wind. I was afraid to stand too close to the windows thinking that at any moment the trees might snap in half and come flying threw the back of our house. It moved our furniture around on our deck and knocked over my new grill. I'm not complaining, we could have gotten it a lot worse. ANYWAY, back to my story, because of all of this, I just couldn't sleep. I was looking forward to taking a nap this afternoon while Adriana slept, but after laying in bed for about an hour and a half, I decided to get up. So Ryan, Zoe and Adriana are having sweet dreams right now, and I'm hunched over the computer writing a boring story that no one cares about. Well, if you're not asleep by now reading this, I will try to write something more peppy next time.

3 comments:

ellerbee eight said...

I care... and I feel the pain of your sleeplessness.

Jen said...

You need some ambien...it is amazing stuff!

missjan said...

hey, i thougth this sleepless thing was an over 50 thing. watch out there. LOL i certainly relate to that one, but i haven't got a baby with it.!!