Thursday, September 25, 2008

"Its Okay Baby"

I finally got registered to vote today! Nothing like waiting till the last minute. While I was at the DMV filling out paperwork, there was a mom and daughter duo sitting behind me. The daughter had just gotten her licence picture taken and was just sitting there saying, "My hair is too puffy, mom, I wish they would let me take it again." Her mom's response, "Its okay baby, I think it will look great, its okay baby". "Its okay baby" was all the mom could say, the WHOLE time I was in there. Sure you want your licence picture to look good, but lets face it, its just a law in life that its not going to turn out like a professional photography shoot, get over it! I was just thinking how shallow this girl was to keep going on and on about her picture and then I thought, "well maybe she's 16 years old and this is her first one", I could understand that completely. The first time I took my drivers test, I got all dolled up for my photo, but didn't pass the test. By the third time, I had given up hope for passing the test, so I didn't fix myself up that much and sure enough, I passed the test and had that shot on my drivers licence for the next 4 years. Anyway, I had gotten back up to get my wallet out of my car and looked at the mother-daughter duo again and realized that the daughter was probably in her early to mid-20's. I thought, "how shallow". I don't know, maybe I'm being mean, but there are so many other important things in life than a picture on your drivers licence.

1 comment:

missjan said...

I agree Lori. I actually try and make mine look as goofy as possible,LOL!