Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter Buckets

About a week before Easter this year, I was at my friend Betsy's house for a girls night, and saw the personalized buckets she had made for her little girls for Easter. That gave me an idea. I had been looking for Easter Baskets for the kids this year, but wanted something more creative than the usual pastel Easter basket. So when I saw her buckets, I thought, I can do something similar to that. The next day I went to Hobby Lobby. They had buckets in real pretty colors and in about any color you could think of, this is what I found....

I grabbed a blue one for Paxton and a purple/pinkish one for Adriana. It wasn't until I got home and started working on them until I realized that, one, I didn't have great paint brushes on hand, so I made due with what I had and the other problem was that the bucket for both of them had flowers at the top, which wasn't a problem for Adriana's, Paxton's however, I didn't want him to have a real girly one. So I was stumped on what to do with his.
This is how they turned out. Adriana's was easier to do than Paxton's, I don't know why really, but here's Adriana's. (Note: Betsy's were a lot cuter and "Eastery").







And this is Paxton's. I tried to hide the flowers the best I knew how. So I weaved some ribbon throughout, not the best, but I guess it will do.












I know its not great or professional looking, but I had fun doing them. Who knows, come next year, I'll probably use something different.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Those are so cute! What a great idea.

Betsy said...

Lori, they look awesome!! You did a great job!