Friday, April 1, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things....

I feel like Oprah broadcasting some of my favorite things. The only difference between Oprah's favorite things and mine is that I won't be giving everyone reading this, free stuff, oh, and I won't be yelling like a crazy person as I announce each thing. Nothing too special, I just kind of think its fun to find out what are some of people's favorite things around the house are. The first thing I chose is a new fragrance I have found at Bath and Body Works. It may not be the newest scent, I actually never go in there, but a coupon lured me in there one day, and I stumbled across this. I LOVE this scent. Its a very sweet smell. I know, I know, a scent of anything, is one person's preference over another. That's the beauty of having so many choices out there, everyone is different, so with that being said, you may not like this scent, but if you haven't tried it, I would suggest it. The next thing is....Jelly Watches or Silicone Watches. Whatever you call them, I love them. I think they are super cute, and my friend Hilary turned me on to them. I have one in black, white and brown. Out of all of them, the white is by far my favorite. They are about $15 each. They are pretty popular right now, so they should be easy to find. I like them because one, they don't break my arm out like leather and metal watches do and that I have one to match every outfit!
Here comes another scent for you. I'm in the mood to burn candles lately. Its probably because I'm paranoid about my house smelling like dogs, cats and poopy diapers. I normally buy the cheap-o's that you can get a Wal-mart or something like that, but I decided to splurge. I think I have come to grips with the fact that, somethings, you just can't get by buying cheap stuff, candles is one of them. All the cheap candles I buy smell like wax, and that's it. Yum! Well, I found this scent again, at Bath and Body Works. Dang those coupons! Anyway, I got a pretty good deal on this candle. I was wanting something light and springy. Here it is...."Tropical Spice". I think the ingredients are something like coconut oil, rum and cinnamon. Very homey smelling. And Ryan likes it, so that's a plus.


Next newest thing I have found, is a "Frothier" (sp?) for your cream for your coffee. Someone had told me about it, so I went out and got it. I LOVE it. I whip my cream in a separate cup before adding it to my coffee, making it nice and foamy. Its like a cappuccino. Maybe its all in my head, but I think it makes it taste better too. For about $5, you can add a little party to your coffee.


And last but not least, no, this isn't a miniature toilet seat its an egg slicer. I have, also been told about this little trick. You can use it for boiled eggs (duh!) but you can also use it for, strawberries. You just cut off the green part of the strawberry, put the bad boy in there and push down on it. It slices them so easily and perfectly. Its so easy, I let Adriana do it when I make Strawberry Shortcake. Just make sure to buy a nice sturdy one, since strawberries are a lot tougher than eggs, sometimes the strings can bend or break.


Well, there you have it. What are some of your favorite things? Things that can make life a little easier or a little more fun.

3 comments:

Hilary said...

Man girl! We are so much a like. I love that scent of lotion too, I love those watches, I love the frother however our died (I think it got but in dishwasher), and I love the egg slicer. I'm going to have to go by and smell that candle. Thanks for posting. That was fun!

renee said...

i have a really sturdy egg slicer and i use it for eggs, strawberries and mushrooms. works great! this was fun. i'll have to post some favorite things soon! :)

Terry said...

I love your log, Lori! Thank you for doing it. Victoria works at Bath and Body...a new scent out is Country Chic! VERY nice. Also Paula Deen has candles at Wal-Mart. Those have wonderful scents....blueberry cobbler, pecan pie...!