Thursday, May 19, 2011

Last Day Of School

I can. not. believe, that school is over for another year. How is that possible? Weren't we just going to open house to meet her teachers this year? My word, how time flies! It makes me sad to think about it too much. She only has one more year of preschool left before she goes off to Kindergarten, which she is very excited about, by the way. I know that next year will FLY by and I'll be sitting here in a year, probably crying my eyes out thinking that she will be in real school soon. BUT, I'm choosing to look on the bright side. Yesterday was her last day of school. She had a great class this year and great teachers. Here is a picture of Adriana and her teachers, Miss Stephanie and Miss Gretchen.

Adriana has learned so much this year, alphabet and the sounds that they make, how to write her name, cut with scissors, count pretty high, count and say words in Spanish and so on. Its crazy how much she learns from school. She also makes friends that, hopefully, some will last a lifetime. This is a picture of her best friend, Kate. They are too cute together and they LOVE each other!

Since yesterday was the last day of school, I thought I would surprise Adriana and took her to this little cupcake place a friend of mine told me about. Its called Alexandria's Cupcake Cottage and oh my, is it ever cute and GOOD!




This is Adriana standing outside the front window. You can't really see that well, but there was a cake, tutus, a gingerbread house and so many other cute things on display.


This is Adriana's cupcake. Of course, she only ate the icing, but I would have to say, hands down, the BEST cupcake I have EVER had. Its a good thing I don't have a job there! I would be quite large!




Those 2 pictures above, were some of the shots of the inside of the place. SUPER cute and FUN! Adriana had a good time with "just us girls".


On another note, speaking of school, I was offered and am taking a job at the school that the kids go to for the fall. We have enrolled Paxton to start in the fall (Adriana was his age when she started) and it completely is a God thing that this job has become available. I will be working on the days that they are going to school, so this is a HUGE blessing! I will be working with the 1-2 year olds, so pray for those poor babies as they put up with me, but I'm looking forward to it!

No comments: