Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Furminator

Okay, last week I did a blog on my favorite things, well, if you are a pet owner, I would HIGHLY recommend this new favorite thing of mine. Its called the "Furminator". I had never heard of it until we took Milo to the vet. I was talking to the vet about how much he sheds. He pulled out this tool, that looks like a razor comb on clippers. He ran that thing through Milo's hair just a few times and you wouldn't believe how much fur came off that dog. He told me that it pulls out the under coat and that really helps with the shedding. I was amazed. I was also amazed at the price. He said they are about $30-$40. Yeah, I don't think so. I'm too tight and frugul to buy something so high. Well, later that week we took Milo to the groomers and they used the Furminator on him but charged an additional $7 to use this tool. I wanted him to be nice and clean, so we had it done. Well a couple of weeks ago, I was on Amazon, which I rarely shop on there, and just looked up the Furminator on there to see how much they were. Of course they come in all kinds of sizes, but I was AMAZED when I saw the large size marked down from $50 to $14! I bought that sucker so fast. I have checked several times since then and they haven't been that cheap since. The cheapest I have seen the same one is $30. I must have gotten in on the deal of the day or something. Its sad, really, how excited I was to get this thing in the mail. Not only do we have a shedding dog, but our cat is so full of hair, its crazy. Her hair is so gross, it even has clumps in it. I know, its embarassing to admit. Well, I whipped that tool out and went to town on the cat, and unfortantaly, it was super windy that day and so this is literally half of what I got off that cat.
And I could have gotten more off, if she would have let me. Its amazing and a must for pet owners!

1 comment:

Terry said...

Does your cat cooperate with you and how often do you have to do it??? I am very interested in this.