Tuesday, April 19, 2011

PJ Party at Chick-Fil-A

So Saturday we had a PJ party with some cows, the Chick-Fil-A cows that is. We weren't going to go, because I hasn't going to drive into town just to do that, but then it dawned on me, that Ryan was going into town to give blood, so while he was donating blood, we could go to Chick-Fil-A. So we booked it! I had 20 minutes to take a shower and get ready. Now, granted, I put PJ's on, but no one wants to see this hair do in the morning, so had to wash it. Luckily, I didn't have to feed the kids or get them dressed, so because of that, we were able to make it work.
Adriana LOVES the cows at Chick-Fil-A! She was so excited!
We got there, got our food and then did crafts. I love this Chick-Fil-A we have in town, they are so good with the kids and do so many extras with them. Adriana got to make a fruit loop necklace, a monkey puppet and the highlight of her trip, have an Ariel balloon made for her. She LOVED it!

A quick note about the balloon, I had one made a couple of weeks ago for her, and surprised her with it, it was a dog balloon and she LOVED it! I couldn't have gotten her anything she loved more. We were at Mimi's and Pa's house when I gave it to her, and while we were standing outside talking, the wind blew it out of her hands and it popped in the grass. It took every ounce within that child, not to break down and cry. I told her we'll have another one made some other time, so this worked out perfectly!

Adriana "smiling" for the camera.


Paxton was a little scared of the cows at first. He didn't mind looking at them, until they got too close. Towards the end, every time he would see one, he would say "Booo! Booo!" (Moo! Moo!). So, in this picture above, he's not too thrilled that the cow is standing as close as he was.


My parents came by to see all the action too. We were there for almost an hour and a half. By the way, a little Lori moment for you, I was the ONLY parent that wore PJ's. Don't know if that makes me a great parent or an embarrassment in public. Oh well...


Towards the end, they had a dance party with all the kids and the cows. Adriana didn't know what to think at first, like she was a little embarrassed and then she got into it and LOVED it. Me and Paxton were dancing too!


"Who's the old lady in the PJ's?"



Minus this lady in the grey shirt, this is a picture of Adriana and the little cow dancing.



Adriana again, showing how excited she is to be standing with the cows. You would think that it physically hurts her to smile.


We had a GREAT time and made lots of great memories!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Looks like FUN!!! You were the only one comfy that day. I would have done the PJ's with you!

Allison said...

How fun! I think the fact that you were wearing pj's makes you a great mom. Adriana looks so much older in these pictures. She is so beautiful!