Thursday, April 1, 2010

Us...Lately

This is just a general post. Not really anything going on right now. Adriana is home sick today. She's running a high fever and just not feeling good, so she is vegging on the couch. My parents took Paxton today, to make sure he didn't get whatever she has. Hopefully, its just a 24 hour thing.
I've been working on the kids closets these last couple of weeks I have a HUGE "garage sale" pile in the garage. Can't wait to get rid of that and clear out the garage. I'm loving this weather. The last couple of nights we have slept with the windows open, I LOVE it! Since its been getting warmer, Paxton is loving being naked and laying around. Here is a picture of him, so you can see his summer ready figure, rolls and all.



Here's a random shot, I took at my parents house of Ryan reading to the kids. Thought is was a sweet moment.
Me and mom are trying our hands at maybe setting up a booth at a fall festival this year. We are going to make custom bowes, tutus, passy holders, taggie blankets and whatever we can drum up. We are in the early phases on working on things. My friend, Christy, from college, is doing some of the same things and gave me the inspiration to try my hand at it. Here is my first attempt making a tutu. It needs a little work, but Adriana LOVES it. She wears it while Dancing With The Stars is on, and her and Ryan do all the dances.
On Tuesday of this week, we made a last minute trip to Bolivar to see my "twin" cousin,Jessie. We were born 5 hours apart, on our Grandma's birthday, and we were the only grand daughters on that side of the family. We always celebrated it together, but as we got older, life took us separate ways. She now lives in bolivar which is about 50 minute drive. I got to see her and her girls and Adriana had a BLAST playing with them. I never got a great shot of the kids but here is them at the park that we took them to.

In order from left to right:
Aubrey, Adriana, Ashlyn and my cousin, Jessie.

Paxton just chillin' watching the girls swing.
The last set of pictures I took last night. My babies were being silly. And yes, they are standing on Ryan's chest.

After the first picture, it scared Paxton, and he
just screamed and screamed. Adriana thought
this was funny and wanted me to take another
picture. My poor baby boy!

Well that sums it up for us for now. Hope everyone has a good rest of the week and a great weekend!

1 comment:

The Shindels said...

Lori, you are so lucky to have your parents so close and so available! I love being close to my parents, but they're so busy with the bakery that I hate asking them for help, because they HATE not being able to.

Also, you need to write a blog post on how you do your garage sales and with tips for how to have a good one. We also have a garage sale pile (or several piles), but I haven't a clue where to start to have my own garage sale. Any extra money would be especially helpful right now since J can't work while he's in the Fire Academy.