Thursday, April 22, 2010

10 in 5

Alright, here comes a challenge to everyone. This is my goal. I want to lose 10lbs in 5 weeks. By Memorial Day weekend, I want to be 10lbs lighter. We are going down to Alabama that weekend, and possibly the beach and even though 10lbs won't be my ultimate goal, I have to start somewhere right? I'm bound and determined to get these 30lbs, that I have been carrying on me since I have had Adriana, OFF! To me, losing 30lbs seems very overwhelming, so I'm breaking it down to 10lbs increments.

I know I am going out on a limb, broadcasting this to the world, but even though I don't like this number on the scale, it doesn't defy who I am. Most everyone out there, wants to lose a pound or two (or 30 +), so I'm extending my challenge out to all my readers. Lets do our own "Biggest Loser" challenge. Instead of earning money for losing weight (which would be nice, but sorry, this well is dry), we give back to a charity. I got this idea from my Zumba class. For every pound you lose, by May 27th, you donate that many pounds of food, toiletries, clothes, etc to a local food pantry or shelter. All in all, I think this challenge will make you feel good on the inside and out. Now, I'm not saying for sure that I'm going to lose all 10 pounds. I may very well slip up. Its hard for me to diet. I LOVE french fries, pizza, cheeseburgers and desserts, so its hard for me to cut all that out. But I will try to cut back on how much junk food I do eat. If I lose 5 pounds, and have worked my rear end off doing so, then I will be happy with myself. I still won't be at my ultimate goal, but at least I know I'm going something (FINALLY) to help me get back down to a size 8.
I hope you will accept this challenge. There may be some of you who don't need to lose a pound, but you could still give to a local food pantry. If you chose to accept this mission, I wish you all the best of luck in your challenge and hope that by May 27th you have met your goal. Who's in?

2 comments:

MissMolly said...

Ten pounds in five weeks? That's SO do-able!! You can do it! Drink a TON of water, drink a glass before each meal, and before each snack if you're hungry. Cut back on salt and processed junk. You go!!

Hilary said...

I'm in! I have been trying to lose 10 lbs for a year! HA! Seriously I am going to do this with you. Please keep me accountable! Good luck! This is a great idea!