Friday, April 30, 2010

Staying Connected

I didn't think I had a whole lot to talk about, but then I started looking through some pictures and realized that there were quite a lot of things I was wanting to write about. Don't worry, I won't do it all in one post, but hopefully I can get back on here more and post some new stories.
A while back, we got a camera for the computer so that we could talk to Ryan's family in Alabama via Skype. Its a free video conferencing service that allows us to "see" them more often. We haven't done it too often lately, but the other day Adriana wanted to call PopPop and HeeHee and talk to them while she took a bath. (This isn't the first time she has done it while taking a bath, that's where she gets the idea.)
While Adriana is on there talking to them, she doesn't want anyone else in there with her, to steal the spotlight away. I sent Ryan in to get this picture, so its not the best, but you can see the computer sitting on the counter and Adriana in the tub talking to her Grandparents.

Before she got in there all by herself, I had Paxton in there too getting a bath. All 4 of us cram in the smallest bathroom we have. Its so small that we can't all fit in the picture while talking to them on Skype.



And I know you may think I only take pictures of my little man these days, but Adriana wasn't pleased at the moment that Paxton was in the tub with her, so she refused to smile. At least Paxton is happy!
I have been very challenged with these kids this last week. Paxton isn't much of a napper, which is hard on me. He cat naps all day. The longest he sleeps is like an hour or hour and a half at a time. Adriana use to sleep 2 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the afternoon. This on and off sleeping all day is very hard to get anything done. I have also been dealing with a big 3 year old attitude lately. I don't tolerate much from her in way of her acting up, having fits or talking back. I'm pretty strict and I'm only strict so she doesn't grow up thinking she can act that way and get what she wants. This week has been a CHALLENGE! She mainly bothering poor Zoe, by hitting, picking up and biting her. I'm over telling her no, setting her in time outs and swatting her. NOTHING is working! I take away things like videos, TV shows, playing outside and so on. Hopefully it will click SOON! She tells me all the time not to be bossy. When I feel like all I do is yell at her all day, I can't blame her for saying this. Anyway, this might help explain why I haven't posted anything in a week.
There will be more to come, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Well, the comment above was helpful, huh?? lol. Don't click on the asterisk link, though, it might be a virus or something bad.