Thursday, July 7, 2011

Bowling With The Kids

Okay, go ahead a say it, "Wow, I can't believe Lori FINALLY updated her blog! Why doesn't she do it more often!?". I'm right there with you! I have been such a slacker, it almost makes me sick to my stomach. I have even slacked off on taking pictures of the kids, let alone write about them. Its like I'm watching them grow up right before my eyes and I'm afraid that I won't remember half the things they do or say, because I'm being too lazy to write about them. I am going to TRY my hardest to snap more photos and write quick things down, just so I can have them.
Anyway, back to the original post. My friend, Hilary, told me about this program called Kids Bowl Free. Its a national program (I think), and you can sign your kids up and they can bowl everyday, up to 2 games per day, throughout the summer, all for FREE! If you want to pay a little, you can also sign up to 4 adults to come with your kids. Its a one time fee and then you can bowl as many times with your kids (up to 2 games a day). I was really excited about this, and I told Adriana all about it. She wanted to go bowling then. She had never bowled before, but was anxious to give it a try. I signed my parents up as the other 2 adults on the tickets, so we invited them to come with us. It was a lot of fun!

Here's a pic of the kids on the way to bowl. I love
when they hold hands, its so sweet.


Adriana ready to bowl her heart out.


Paxton, of course, LOVED it because
there were balls involved. He was picking
up the heavy 14lbs too, he was in hog heaven.


Paxton bowling. It moved so slow, but he
was so excited.


A picture of Pa in action.


A picture of Mimi in action.


Adriana waiting for the ball to roll down the alley.
She would get so excited if she even got one pin
down. A funny story, I explained to her not to go
over the line, but I didn't tell her why. She tried
to bowl on her own and was so excited, she went
past the black line and about half way down the alley.
She was so embarrassed and had the hardest time, on
the waxy floors coming back to us. Poor thing!




Me and Paxton bowling.


Paxton trying to get all the balls. He was
such a handful!


If you want to know who the winner is, she is
to the right in this picture. I whooped everyone
there. :)
We had a great time and hope to do it more often.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

We've gotta go together some day or night (if we want the dad's involved). We haven't used our passes nearly enough as I would like but it's been nuts in our family. Hopefully it will slow down soon.

The Pierce's said...

Looks like a great time!