Tuesday, August 25, 2009

New Decorations

Sorry I have been a little slack on blogging lately, we're trying to wrap up things around here for the big move. One of the most exciting things for me, is to get new space to decorate for. What makes me even more happy is when I get stuff at great prices. Anyone who knows me, knows I LOVE to bargain shop! We have a Goodwill literally less than a mile from our house, and its a real nice, clean store. I head up that way about once a week to see what's "new" up there. (To me, its kind of like a perpetual garage sale). Anyway, I went in there yesterday and walked out of there with some really good buys.

Here's a lamp I got there yesterday, that is like brand new, that works, and all it needs is a shade. Price: $9.00!



Here is a decorative vase to put on a bookshelf. Price: $8.00! (this item still had on the original price from World Market and was sold for over $25.00)



Here is a picture and decor I bought for the basement. My parents were so gracious to give us 2 leather recliners and a cream colored couch, so I wanted to get a picture that would help tie all that together. I got the picture at JCPenny's for less than $30.00, and I'm going to hang 2 sconces on either side of the painting (in picture to the right) got both of those at JCP for more than 50% off and then found this cool bowl with decorative balls,(on the floor to the left of the painting) which have a lot of the same colors that are in the painting at Goodwill yesterday too, for only $6.00! I was super excited!
The last picture, isn't the best, but I was going to show you the decor we picked out for the kids bathroom. No great bargains, but thought it was cute. We are going to paint the walls a light aqua color.
My parents and Ryan and I all took turns painting up at the new house this last weekend. I meant to take pictures but I keep forgetting my camera. Anyway, we got the basement done and Adriana's room. We had picked out a color for Adriana's room, but it ended up being so bright, that it practically burned your eye balls, so we went back and got a shade lighter. I like it a lot better now. I will try to post pictures of what is done, when I get them taken. Anyway, still don't know a closing date, probably next week sometime. Have lots to do before now and then, but thought I would share some of our new decorations with you!






1 comment:

Hilary said...

Ohhhh! Lori...you know me I love decor and I love a great bargin. I am so impressed! Way to go girl. You definately have to post pics of the new house with all of your new things and the new paints. I love stuff like that. Thanks! See you Monday!