Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hush Puppies

Me and Adriana went out to lunch today and decided to go to KFC/Long John Silvers. I was craving some chicken strips but once I was in there, the fish kind of sounded good. (I use to love the fish, dipped in Malted Vinegar, but when I was pregnant with Adriana, I ate there when I was still getting sick just about everyday and let me tell you, its not that great going down, but its REALLY not good coming back up. I gave it up for awhile, but late in my pregnancy, about a month before she was due, I ate there again and had the worse indigestion. I haven't eaten there since then. I feel brave trying it again while pregnant, but so far, so good.) Anyway, I got the fish and fries and hush puppies. I don't like hush puppies so I cut one in half and asked Adriana if she wanted to try it. She asked, "Mama, whats that?". I told her it was a hush puppy. She took a bite and started to pant like a dog. Then she kept calling it, "Puppy dog chicken". It was so cute! Every time she would take a bite, she would pant. At the end of lunch I asked her if she was done with her lunch and she said yes, so I threw it away and she started to cry saying, "where did puppy dogs go?". Too cute!

1 comment:

renee said...

so funny! i love LJS! we don't have one close around here, so i don't get to eat it very often. i LOVE their hushpuppies!!!