Friday, June 26, 2009

Taking Cards

Maybe I live in a cave or something and this stuff has been out for a while, but within the last 2 days I have seen objects that accept credit/debt cards that I would never have even thought about. Yesterday, I was at Wal-mart (I know, you're so shocked!) and I was wanting to get a soda out of the vending machine and to my surprise, one of the machines took a credit card. That just blows my mind, and I don't know why really. I think its a great idea, because people like us, who never have actual change or money, can now have equal buying rights to certain products and not just be out of luck. The other object I saw a credit card thing on was a pay phone at the mall. Who still uses a pay phone? I guess its a good thing that they take other forms of payment in case of an emergency, you know, like having to call your best friend and tell her that there is a sale going on at JCPennys or something. You now have that option to use your credit card at a pay phone. Has anyone else seen these credit card machines at unusual places?

No comments: