Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Catching Up

Well since I FINALLY got the trip pictures done, I feel free to write about more current events in our lives. These last few weeks have been so much fun. First, our trip down south, and then last week me and my parents took Adriana to the Zoo and then on Friday night, Ryan, Adriana and I decided to go down to Branson for the evening. We have had so much fun and our summer is off to a good start.

THE ZOO
Last Thursday I had heard that the weather was going to be beautiful with a high in the low 70's so I decided to take Adriana to the Zoo here in Springfield. It was the first time we had been to the Zoo here and Adriana had only been one other time to a zoo in Montgomery, AL when she was about 5 months old, so I was excited to see how she would react to the animals. I called up my parents and asked if they would like to join us, so they met us there. Adriana had a great time. Some of the animals were hard to see, but the ones she did see, she enjoyed. We walked all over the park and then took a train ride around the little lake they have. This was the highlight of the trip for Adriana. After a couple of hours there, we decided to eat our picnic lunch. Of course, Mimi's lunch tasted better than Adriana's. We feed the birds our scraps and Adriana enjoyed seeing them swoop down and pick up the pieces and fly away with them. It was a great trip and we had a lot of fun.







Adriana with Mimi and Pa












Adriana feeding the goats, she LOVED this part.
After we feed them they had hand sanitizer there
and she was putting it on, and one of the goats
wanted to see what was in her hand, so she let him
lick her hand with the hand sanitizer in it. Needless
to say, he didn't like it, nor did he come asking for
more.



Sitting next to Mimi on the train ride. She
LOVED the choo-choo train!


The scary tiger with a cute face.

Pa and Adriana sitting on the Elephant


Our Picnic


Eating Chocolate pudding as fast as she could.


BRANSON
I didn't take any pictures of our quick trip to Branson. B-town, as we like to call it, is only 20 some miles from our house, and Ryan knows his way around there pretty well, so we packed up the van and headed down there about 6pm Friday night. We stopped and ate a bite and then took Adriana to this little play land, geared towards toddlers. We thought Adriana would have a blast there. Unfortunately, she was 1 inch too short to ride all the rides, so she was just limited to being able to ride 3 rides. The tea cups was the only one that the parents could ride along with them. She has been such a chicken about everything these days and super clingy that that was the only one she would ride, so we could be there with her. Keep in mind all these rides are made for 30lbs children and not big folks like ourselves. Ryan rode with her the first time and she had a lot of fun. The tea cups moved very slowly and didn't even spin real fast either. We were the only ones riding this ride. The second go around, I decided to ride along. Bad idea! I guess since I am pregnant (at least that's what I'm blaming it on), I cannot handle any kind of spinning whatsoever! No matter how fast or slow it goes. As soon as it started it just took my breath away and my stomach felt as if I was plummeting down a huge roller coaster the whole time. I immediately closed my eyes and I guess was moving around too much, that it made our tea cup spin even faster. Now mind you, I'm trying to hold it together so I don't scare Adriana, however, all I kept saying was how fast it was going and that I wanted to get off the ride. Eventually Adriana noticed the spinning cup and she started wanting off. Well, I'm sad to say, they had to stop the ride for us to get off. We were still the only ones on there, but nevertheless it was quite embarrassing. Ryan was standing there making fun of me the whole time, and by the time it stopped I opened my eyes to everyone around the ride staring at me. I made it a point to mention that I was pregnant and that's why I couldn't handle the ride. Ryan had to get Adriana out of the cup because I was too dizzy and the little 16 year old boy running the ride had to help me get off without hurting myself. So that was fun times, let me tell you!
We decided to go for more of a tamer adventure, so we drove down the street and did bumper boats. That was fun. Adriana got to ride with me and and we kept bumping into daddy. It was only us and one other family out there, so it was pretty tame. After that, we went and got ice cream and headed home.
All in all, we had a great time, minus my lovely encounter with little tea cups.

2 comments:

The Pierces said...

Building memories...right?! Some are always more pleasant than others! I am glad you had a good time!

The Shindels said...

I remember going on a roller coaster in my first trimester with Adon. I didn't even think about the fact that a pregnant woman should not be riding roller coasters! Needless to say, I was quite paranoid afterwards about miscarrying or about the swirly I'd just given the baby!