Monday, June 29, 2009

Reality Bites!

Yesterday was a depressing day. Nothing tragic happened, just went through old clothes that I don't fit into anymore. All you women will understand where I'm coming from on this one. I have kept this stuff in the attic for sometime, however we are out of space and its time to get rid of stuff. If we don't sell our house and move, we're going to have to get rid of a lot more things I'm afraid. Its just hard going through clothes that I fit into before I had Adriana. I never lost my baby weight with her and now I'm tacking on another child's weight. I am trying to eat better this go around, and hopefully that will help. Anyway, I just had to come to the realization that I will probably never be a size 6 again! It makes me very sad. I had a lot of cute clothes and outfits, that now are in a huge garage sale pile. This stinks!
Another reality hit that we face is Ryan is having to get rid of or pack up all his books for baby #2. Anyone who remotely knows Ryan knows what a book worm he his. He has a whole bookshelf full of his favorites and boxes and boxes of others too. We have no other place to put the bookshelf in the house, so he is having to empty out the shelves, for they will be replaced with baby things since that room will now be the nursery. He is going to actually try to sell his books and get a new Kindle. (Its a device that you can download books onto and read them off this little computer device instead of having a ton of books taking up space.) I know he is torn between selling his books and packing them away, either way, this stinks for him too.
I was just kind of down yesterday that we don't have enough space for just the little things that we want to hold onto, for down the road use. Maybe something will still work out with getting a larger house, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
All I can say is that, if I ever do get down to my size 6 or 8, I'M GOING SHOPPING!

1 comment:

The Shindels said...

The best diet plan ever...BREASTFEEDING!!! I gained 33 pounds with Gabe (about the same as with Adon). One week post-partum and I only have 14.5 pounds to go! I'm not eating super, super healthy, but breastfeeding sure does burn up a lot of calories...especially when you're doing it with two.