Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Goopy Eyes, Cat Fights and Baby Boom

What a title right? I had to allure my readers in somehow. I feel so bad that I haven't been keeping this more up to date like I should, so to figure out whats going on in our lives, just read the title. Let me explain.
We have had a lot of new "adventures" within the last week or so. For one thing, we joined a new community center here in Ozark, which is a lot of fun. Now mind you, we should be working out and trying to stay trim, but they have a great aquatics area that has slides, a lazy river, fountains and lots of other things, so we enjoy taking Adriana there and she loves it. Its a really great facility. Very family orientated and not too expensive (the best part).
Zoe also got in ANOTHER cat fight last week. She had gotten in a cat fight a couple of months ago, and by the time I looked outside she was chasing the cat that got in our backyard around and they were rolling on the ground fighting. Zoe suffered a gash above her eye. Well, apparently she has forgotten what it was like to get beat up by a wild cat. Last week we had the windows open and I hear the infamous cat fight sounds and look out and Zoe had gotten out of our fenced in yard and was being chased by a different cat. I ran to the front door and by then they had gone their separate ways and Zoe was hunched over on the front porch. She didn't allow any of us to touch her for the rest of the night, and by the next day she didn't leave the bed. She laid in bed for 2 days (which is not like her at all, she's lazy but not that lazy). I knew she was in pain. She eventually let me look at her back (where chunks of fur where coming out) and I saw a few blood spots. She has a couple of big bumps on her back still, but she is back to her old self. She still doesn't like to go outside, but it won't be long before she forgets what happened and will probably get in another fight.
On to the Goopy Eyes part. All of a sudden Adriana has had the worse goopy eyes. They are matted shut in the mornings and they can get nasty during the day. The doctor just said to try her on some allergy medicine and see how that goes. She has never had problems with her eyes, so the first day she woke up with them matted shut, I wondered if she might have pink eye. Well, I was telling Ryan that that's what it might be, so she runs in our bathroom and digs out my pink nail polish (what we paint her toes with and call them pink toes). She comes running in and holds the polish bottle up to her eyes and says "pink eyes". It was so funny. She has also started calling them goopy eyes, since that's what I call them. So now, she wakes up every night, in the middle of the night, crying out "goopy eyes, goopy eyes", whether she has them or not. I'm getting tired of trying to clean this nastiness off her eyes. I hope it will pass soon! They seem to be getting better, but they still can get matted shut. I just need my sleep! Whatever am I going to do when this baby comes!
Speaking of babies (did you like my intro into this next part?), there are a TON of people pregnant now that are due in the last few months of the year. I don't know if I'm noticing it because I'm pregnant or what, but I know at least 15 people that are due Sept-Dec. Its crazy! Also, we HOPEFULLY find out what we are having this Friday. And hopefully I can get a specific due date too. I'm very anxious and will pass along results when we get them.
Well, I would say that's about it for now. Its going to be a hot one today, so I'm taking Adriana to a pool in Nixa for what they call, "splash time" geared towards littler kids. We went last year and she loved it. We'll see. I'll try to take pictures. Hope everyone has a great day!

3 comments:

The Shindels said...

There ARE a ton of babies due in the last part of this year! We know of at least 7! It seems like our babies are always out in the middle of no where with no other babies close.

BTW - No baby yet. Sorry to make you lose precious sleep! I really hope Baby comes soon, though. We're so excited!

Allison said...

Add one more to the baby list. Stephen and I are expecting at the very end of December. So excited to hear that you're having a boy!

Anonymous said...

http://eekshop.com
In addition,about whether or not chosen going to be the all the way at the outset aid function you will get chunk of property a number of different benefits,all of which not only can they facilitate all your family be capable of getting several different advantages as well as your employees as if that is so as your business. Some having to do with going to be the major benefits all your family members not only can they be capable of geting when all your family members not only can they engage the services of at the outset aid model are: