Friday, May 8, 2009

Stormy Morning

Well if anyone has seen the radar, you knew that there were pretty bad storms that blew through this morning. It turned green outside right before the storm hit and it was pretty scary. We heard sirens and had lots of thunder and lighting, but that was about the worst of it as the storm blew through. However, after the actual storm came though, it got extremely windy. Some wind gusts were in access of 80 mph. I couldn't believe how windy it was. It caused our electricity to go out several times. I got the camera out to show how bad it got. It's hard to hear the wind gusts on the camera, but you can see the trees blowing in the wind. In the first video you can see that our patio furniture hadn't been moved by the wind yet, but as I was recording, it got blown together. Try to keep your eye on the ground to the right side of our deck. In the first video you can see an object sitting right on the ground next to the deck. That object is my big BBQ grill. In the next video, taken a couple of minutes later, you can see my BBQ grill in the yard. It got picked up like it was nothing and tossed about 6-7 feet from its home. Its kind of hard to see, but if you pay attention, you can see it.

Needless to say, it was a pretty exciting morning. I'm very thankful that all we got was strong winds, it could have been a lot worse. Hope everyone is having a good Friday.

Viewing Note: On the first video, I wasn't talking, because I was wanting to pick up the wind gust sounds, and right at the end of the video, I said "crap" loudly, because the wind had just blew my grill over. Sorry for the "foul" language.