Monday, January 12, 2009

Wrapped around her finger

We always spend Sunday afternoons at my parents house. Mom makes a yummy lunch for all of us and we let Adriana take a nap there and then play games or watch TV. Yesterday we stayed there all day. We didn't leave until 7:30pm or so. I had a KILLER headache. I know I'm a baby. I never get headaches but this one throbbed with every heartbeat. I told Ryan that if I didn't feel good on Monday that he would have to take Adriana to school for me. Well after popping some Tylenol PMs, I was out like a light and woke up refreshed. Ryan was going into town this morning anyway, so I had him take Adriana to school, so I could go to my new workout class, Zumba (which by the way, I was 30 minutes late to, because I read the time wrong, way to go!). Anyway, Ryan took Adriana to school and she normally goes in so happy and ready to spend some time there. This morning, however, she kicked and screamed and held on to her daddy's neck crying, "No Addy, No!" Well of course this was like ripping out Daddy's heart. Ryan can't stand to see his little girl so upset. The teachers pryed her off of him and he just had to walk away. He called me when he got outside all upset and told me how sad it was to leave her like that. Now, don't think I'm not a robot or anything, but I know she LOVES school so I figured this was just an act for Ryan. When I went to pick her up, the teachers told me about the drama this morning, and said that as soon as Ryan walked away she was fine. She knows how to pull at her Daddy's heartstrings, and let me tell you....it works!

1 comment:

missjan said...

see comment on doing the deeshes....oops wrong space