Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Random Thoughts

I don't know why I feel like writing all these little things down that I have floating in my head, but I guess if you're really bored, as apparently I am, you'll read them.

We are currently at the beginning stages of potty training, no not Ryan, but Adriana. She thinks of it more as a game, but at least she is showing interest in sitting on the toilet. Last night she was sitting on there and actually tinkled a little and looked so shocked. I started clapping and telling how good she did, and then she did the sign language for "more" also while saying the word more. She went a little more and grew even more excited for herself. That was the first and only time thus far that she has actually gone, but we are so proud of her.

I was sitting here a few minutes ago e-mailing someone and all of a sudden Adriana came up to me screaming and crying. She had gotten a bottle out of the trash and had put it in her mouth. Earlier I had done a load of laundry and had cleaned out the lint trap. Well, I guess when she went to get the juice bottle out of the trash, she grabbed some lint and put it in her mouth. She had it all over her hands and in her mouth. I tried to clean it up the best I could and told her to take a drink of water to help it get out of her mouth. The tears were still flowing! The child could fall off the back of the couch (not that she has), and not cry as much as she did with some lint in her mouth. Can we say, Drama Queen?!

I was out and about today and had this thought. I saw someone in their pajama pants. I don't get that. I have to admit that when I was in college, I might have ran to Wal-Mart in my pj pants, but when I see adults running errands with Spongebob Square Pants on their PJ pants, I just have to stop and ask "WHY?" . I don't get it at all! If they ran out of clean laundry, stay home! I don't know, just one of those things. If you are guilty of this crime of fashion, I'm sorry.

I had some more deep thoughts, but I have forgotten them. I'm sure you are highly disappointed not to hear all of my ramblings. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

I have seen the pajama bottoms in court. Not kidding! ...these fashion plates also seemed to lack the proper upper attire as well, but this is a family blog so I'll stop. Gotta love 'em.