Sunday, August 24, 2008

School Days

Well tomorrow is Adriana's first day of school. That's right, I'm shipping her off to behavioral school. Just kidding. We enrolled her in a school through our church, that has great reviews throughout our community. Its called RidgeKids and I'm so excited about it. While she is there she will do: sign language, music, art, gym class and most important snacks! I think that it will be good for her to also socialize with other kids her age. She is like a sponge and loves to learn new things and is always curious about the world around her. She also loves being around other kids her age and playing with them. She will be going 2 half days a week. Tomorrow is her first day and I'm just running around here making sure everything is in her book bag and that everything has her name on it. We went to an open house last week and she loved being there and playing. Often times, I think she gets so bored at home, she needs something challenging to help her develop. I will be staying in town most of the time while she is in school. I will probably end up at the mall and spending money, but hopefully not. I plan on joining a gym and losing these 30 lbs that has stuck with me from my pregnancy. I'll post tomorrow and let you know how our little scholar did.

1 comment:

Leasa said...

Sounds perfect - 2 half days per week - I'm sure she'll enjoy it and you'll have a little "me" time. I enrolled Shaun in a mom's day out when he was just a little older than Adrianna and he loved it. Don't be surprised if she has a some separation anxiety after the first or second time. Shaun did but after the first few times, he did fine and really enjoyed it. One time, after he had been going for about 6 months, I stayed and was talking to his teacher for a few minutes after I dropped him off. He ended up coming up to me after about 5 minutes and said, "Time for you to go, Mom" lol! Keep us posted!